Front Door Lock Problems

tley

Hello all. I am new to the site and hope to find some help. I own a 2004 RX330. A few weeks ago my front passenger door lock quit working. It is operable if done manually, but will not work with keyless entry or with the automatic lock switches. Then a week ago the driver’s door started the same thing. Now I have to manually lock/unlock the front doors but the rear door locks remain functional through the keyless entry and the lock switches. This problem has led me to this site and I hope some others may help me find a resolution to this problem. I have tried disconnecting my battery for a few minutes to reset the computer but this has not fixed the door lock problem. Is there a certain amount of time to leave the battery disconnected? I am hopping that the lock mechanisms did not simultaneously go out! I now that would be rare but I also know that it is possible. Please help!

It has gotten worse! Now the windows will not operate with the driver’s door control. They work with their respective doors’ switch. I also tried disconnecting the battery for two hours… did not work. I hope somebody has some advice for me. Thanks.

I do not own a 330, but I know on the 300 you often have to reset the computer for the mirrors or seat settigns etc. In the 300 you can manually hold the window down / up buttons the entire way each way 3 times and it will reset the computer etc. I would call you dealer and see if they know how to reset the computer using these type of techniques. You may even try doing it with the sunroof as well. Roll them up and down 3 times each way to reset.....open / close the sunroof 3 times each way to see if it might help. Make sure and hold the buttons down/up the entire time.

Other idea: since your problem has gotten progressively worse, you may have a problem with the system computer. If you see an engine code etc, I would have it checked out soon.