Back End Lowering While Car Is Off......

jkalu47

I have a 1991 Lexus LS400. I recenlty noticed that sometimes when I go park the car and come back hours later the back end is lowered while the front end stays at normal height. Then after I start the car, the back end rises back to the normal position.

Does anyone have any idea of why the car is doing this or what the problem may be????

I have a 1991 Lexus LS400. I recenlty noticed that sometimes when I go park the car and come back hours later the back end is lowered while the front end stays at normal height. Then after I start the car, the back end rises back to the normal position.

Does anyone have any idea of why the car is doing this or what the problem may be????

I have only seen that happen withc ars that have air suspension. Basically it has air bags for shocks in the back. Helps smooth out the ride a LOT more. I'm just not sure and a bit surprised that you might actually have that on your car. I'm sure there is someone here that has had more personal experience with your kinda car.

I have only seen that happen withc ars that have air suspension. Basically it has air bags for shocks in the back. Helps smooth out the ride a LOT more. I'm just not sure and a bit surprised that you might actually have that on your car. I'm sure there is someone here that has had more personal experience with your kinda car.

Does your car have ginormous shocks? Do they have an air line going into them from the engine compartment? Lots of LS's had the air suspension that leaks down over time, when you start it up, the onboard air compressor pumps the shocks back up and your ride height is returned. You can attempt to repair the bad seal with "slime" (green goo that is used to repair punctured tires) or but reman units from Arnett for about 1-200 a piece. I dont know where you are located but there was a complete coil change over kit on craigslist for under 200 bucks.