Iac-idle Air Control Valve Location

yidaitianjiaous

I am trying to clean up this thing, just don;t know where it is. how I identify it. Anyone help me out and have a pic of it, plz? How to remove this thing and clean it? i can;t find any clues here.

Try to search. There are a LOT of threads here about that. IAC valve is on PS pump, bottom side. You are not supposed to clean it.

You are supposed to clean PS rack solenoid. Its on the PS rack with 2 wires sticking out...

I am trying to clean up this thing, just don;t know where it is. how I identify it. Anyone help me out and have a pic of it, plz? How to remove this thing and clean it? i can;t find any clues here.

Try to search. There are a LOT of threads here about that. IAC valve is on PS pump, bottom side. You are not supposed to clean it.

You are supposed to clean PS rack solenoid. Its on the PS rack with 2 wires sticking out...

The IAC, Idle Air Control, provides the method whereby airflow bypasses the CLOSED throttle valve to supply enough airflow for keeping the engine at idle RPM. So the functional parts are likely to be mounted very nearby the throttle valve.

The IAC, Idle Air Control, provides the method whereby airflow bypasses the CLOSED throttle valve to supply enough airflow for keeping the engine at idle RPM. So the functional parts are likely to be mounted very nearby the throttle valve.

I would venture to say the the IAC valve is the device coming out of the front of the intake air horn. It is a stepper motor attached to a conical valve that allows a controlled amount of air to bypass around the closed butterfly valve. When cleaning it, you generally take the stepper motor out and that pulls the valve out. Clean the valve so the sealing surface is carbon free and smooth, shoot the rest of the cleaner into the orifice that the valve goes into and that usually takes care of any idle problems barring any vacuum leaks or other malfunctions.