Need To Replace Michelins On 2005 Rx330--suggestions?

KJ in SD

The Michelins that came with my car have about 39K miles on them, but I've always thought there was too much road noise. The 2 tires I'm looking at are the Michelin Energy MXV4S8 from Costco or the Yokohama YK520 from Discount Tire. The Yoko's are a little bit better priced, just trying to get the best tire. Really looking for good wear and a quiet ride. Any votes for one vs. the other?

Thanks for your help/feedback!

• 2 weeks later...

The Michelins that came with my car have about 39K miles on them, but I've always thought there was too much road noise. The 2 tires I'm looking at are the Michelin Energy MXV4S8 from Costco or the Yokohama YK520 from Discount Tire. The Yoko's are a little bit better priced, just trying to get the best tire. Really looking for good wear and a quiet ride. Any votes for one vs. the other?

I bought the Michelin Energy LX4 (225/65R17 101S RRBL Michelin Energy LX4) from Sam's for $147 plus tax (x4). Overall, probably the best tire for the value out there and I did quite a bit of research. My only regret is that I didn't get the SUV aligned and now I've got a shimmy... But I'm getting it serviced soon - which is why I'm out here checking out other's experience. Quiet tire, nice ride...

The MXV4 S8's came stock on our '08 400h. I haven't noticed any excessive road noise from them. Actually, this is the quietest car we've ever owned, especially at highway cruising speeds. Ride seems fine, but the 400h rides much smoother than the Audi S6 we traded, the Audi had a very firm sport suspension.

• 1 month later...

Check out the Bridgestone Dueler Alenza's. I just put a set on my RX400h, and I've been very impressed with how smooth and quiet they are compared to the OEM Michelins.

• 3 weeks later...
I like those Yoko's you mentioned......however for your RX, I'm inclined to suggest you put the Michelins on. I think they will be the quieter of the two. :)

:cheers:

a good cheap and quiet tire are the nexen 5000s they sell at walmart here in canada. great aggressive tread for snow, rain, and dry road. (not the greatest on ice, but few all seasons are). good tread wear and not too much noise. They are korean. used them on my moms old passat tdi wagon, they were great. my buddy has them on his camry too after i told him about them, loves them.

i recommend falken tires as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Falkens are indeed decent for the money. :)

:cheers:

Any one can offer some idea/experiences with Michelin Cross Terrain SUV? Compare with Alenza or others?

Need 4 for my 2003 RX300, that OEM Bridgestone Dueler H/T D687 almost worn out (3-5/32) after 27K miles.

• 3 weeks later...

How about these:

Kumho Road Venture APT KL51

(Highway All-Season)

Size: 235/55VR18

Serv. Desc: 100V Load Index 100 = 1764lbs (800kg) per tire

Speed Rating “V” = 149mph (240kph)

UTQG: Treadwear: 600

Traction: A

Temperature: A600 A A

Price: $112.00 (each)

www.tirerack.com