2000 Es300 Has Po171 And Tcs Light On...

The MIL and the TCS light come on at the same time.

The car has been thoroughly maintained and runs fine.

I am told that the PO171 is probably the MAF, but why am I also getting a TCS light at the exact same time?

I have cleared the lights 3 times and they both come back simultaneously.

The MIL and the TCS light come on at the same time.

The car has been thoroughly maintained and runs fine.

I am told that the PO171 is probably the MAF, but why am I also getting a TCS light at the exact same time?

I have cleared the lights 3 times and they both come back simultaneously.

The TCS light comes with the CEL, don't worry, nothing is wrong with the TCS system. I guess its the computers way of saying you're in limp mode until you get the code fixed and cleared. p0171 can indicated a dirty maf (if you used an after market filter that requires oiling that may be the culprit) or a loose or damaged vacuum hose. Clean the MAF if possible and clear the lights to see if it comes back on.

That's exactly what I figured.

I changed the plugs simply because they were 3 years old and were due anyway.

Checked for leaks.

Found none.

Reset the light.

A day later it came back on. :censored:

I just wish that Lexus, with all of their ultra-advanced technology(BWAHAHAHAAA!!!) would find a way to set a code for that particular component instead of telling me that 1 side of my engine is lean. <_<

This car belongs to a woman, so every time that light comes on I get a panicky phone call and a tow truck bill... :cries:

That's exactly what I figured.

I changed the plugs simply because they were 3 years old and were due anyway.

Checked for leaks.

Found none.

Reset the light.

A day later it came back on. :censored:

I just wish that Lexus, with all of their ultra-advanced technology(BWAHAHAHAAA!!!) would find a way to set a code for that particular component instead of telling me that 1 side of my engine is lean. <_<

This car belongs to a woman, so every time that light comes on I get a panicky phone call and a tow truck bill...:cries:

ohhhhhh, here is how you fix the problem.

step one... clear the code...

step two... get new woman, change phone number... save money...

jk.

did you try cleaning the MAF, i'm sure there is a DIY on how to do it somewhere on this site or other lexus forums.

That's exactly I just wish that Lexus, with all of their ultra-advanced technology(BWAHAHAHAAA!!!) would find a way to set a code for that particular component instead of telling me that 1 side of my engine is lean. <_<

The OBDII is going out the door by manufactures. Make way for new method starting next year.

ohhhhhh, here is how you fix the problem.

step one... clear the code...

step two... get new woman, change phone number... save money...

jk.

did you try cleaning the MAF, i'm sure there is a DIY on how to do it somewhere on this site or other lexus forums.

Tried it before.

Too risky in IMO.

The MAF sensors on these cars have a blob of what looks like epoxy over the heated wire.

I don't trust cleaning it.

A new one was $125 and took 2 minutes to replace.

The old one was incredibly caked with goo.

If I don't hear from her by tomorrow, case solved.

That's exactly I just wish that Lexus, with all of their ultra-advanced technology(BWAHAHAHAAA!!!) would find a way to set a code for that particular component instead of telling me that 1 side of my engine is lean. <_<

The OBDII is going out the door by manufactures. Make way for new method starting next year.

No system is perfect, but despite it's inaccuracies OBDII is still a quantum leap from OBDI. :geek:

I feel sorry for all those techs(and Smog Check Stations) that spent $3000 or $4000++ for a Snap-On scanner that is now pretty much useless.

Piles and piles of useless connectors that were purchased for one use(or non-use), and yearly software updates at $1000 each. :censored:

Can anyone actually remember successfully retrieving codes from say, a pre-1996 Mazda? :o

Subaru? :unsure:

Anything German? :cries:

My OBDII code reader was $40 from Harbor Freight tools and is faster. :cheers: