Hard Starting

seatown

Hello,new to the forum great site,I have a 92 SC300 I just bought

it has its eletricial problems,but iam stumped on why it starts so hard in the morning

its got a JDM crate swap in it.The guy I got it from just had it in for a head gasket replacememt caused by a bad radiator

the shop he took it to did the work but didn't put the themostat back in?So the temp gage only gets a hair above cold

In the morning its take three or four cranks with the gas all the way down,the engine pops through the air filter like trying to start without a choke

eventually it will fire and ill have to hold the gas at about 1500k for too or three minutes to warm then i can drive it.

I want to replace the thermostat but want to do any sensors at the same time if they pertian to the hard cold starting that are in contact with coolant so I don't have to fill the rad twice.Any help on this would be great.

sounds like the cam timing is off. any check engine light?

Thats the thing,when you first start the car i the morning it will pop and burble like its not getting enough fuel

it takes about three cranks with the gas floored then the engine wil rev up then I can let off the pedal and it wil idle about 300 rpm's for 3 min and then it raises up to normal idle and is ready to drive

would the IAC cause this? the ac doesn't work so I dont have idle change with the ac on

When the car is warmed up about five minutes it drives/runs great

theres no check engine light