Is350 Pricing

Well I contacted a dealer and i got this pricing from him, and i need to know if this is a decent deal or is he trying to gip me!

2007 Black IS350:

Fully loaded

Luxury plus package

NAV/ML

Dual exhaust grounded

XM sirus radio

G-Spyder wheels

He said MSRP was 50k, then he said he could get it to me for 43k or for 41 if I remove the spyder wheels, this is my second time talking to this guy. You think i can go lower since it is an 07 model?

Firstly you can check the MSRP at edmunds.com

Second, you can have XM or Sirius, not both (I think XM was the only "factory (well port installed) option in 07 though)

Third, fully loaded would include the precollision system (a 2000+ dollar option), park assist, headlight washers, etc... if it only has the options you list it's well equiped, but not fully loaded, and he's just tossing that out as marketing BS. You may well not care about hte options it's missing, but jsut trying for accuracy here.

41k with Lux plus, Nav/ML, XM, and the HKS dealer exhaust option would be a decent deal on an 07 I suppose... though only maybe 2k less than you can get a brand new 08 similarly equpped in a color you pick if you find a good deal... up to you if you care about it being a year-old model or not and if the color is what you want. He's not massively overpricing it or anything, but I'm sure he's happy to get rid of a leftover with the 08s having been out nearly 2 months now.

I'd imagine if you show up with cash ready to buy he might knock another grand off though.

Second, you can have XM or Sirius, not both (I think XM was the only "factory (well port installed) option in 07 though)

Third, fully loaded would include the precollision system (a 2000+ dollar option), park assist, headlight washers, etc... if it only has the options you list it's well equiped, but not fully loaded, and he's just tossing that out as marketing BS. You may well not care about hte options it's missing, but jsut trying for accuracy here.

41k with Lux plus, Nav/ML, XM, and the HKS dealer exhaust option would be a decent deal on an 07 I suppose... though only maybe 2k less than you can get a brand new 08 similarly equpped in a color you pick if you find a good deal... up to you if you care about it being a year-old model or not and if the color is what you want. He's not massively overpricing it or anything, but I'm sure he's happy to get rid of a leftover with the 08s having been out nearly 2 months now.

I'd imagine if you show up with cash ready to buy he might knock another grand off though.

With the US economy as it is now, do you think it'd be a good idea to purchase a new car?

For $50K, that's $15K in options. Sounds fully loaded to me. Without the options you question about, I don't see how you get to that price.

The dealer's basically offering you invoice. On an '07, in late November, I'd think he could do better. And--why are you concerned about the "economy"? Are you employed in a volotile field of work? Could you be laid off tomorrow? If not, it doesn't matter what the generic "economy" is doing. How are you doing?