Ect/snow Switch

:unsure: I don't get much snow here in the south so can the "ECT/SNOW" switch be used for any other situation? The hand book mentioned using it for acceleration but that was about it. So if I push this switch is the car going to go faster?

The ECT/Snow switch DERATES the engine so you will not be as likely to get wheelspin/slip on startup.

Some even disable 1st gear so you always start out in 2nd.

:lol: Appreciation the info, and I hope I see some rain soon. SC is not as bad off as GA and I'm glad I live close to a Lake. But can this switch be used for anything else beside slippery conditions? I thought the TRAC and VSC would take care of these conditions.

:lol: Appreciation the info, and I hope I see some rain soon. SC is not as bad off as GA and I'm glad I live close to a Lake. But can this switch be used for anything else beside slippery conditions? I thought the TRAC and VSC would take care of these conditions.

VSC and TC are more for inadvertent, driver unaware, encounters of loss of traction, over/understearing. ECT/Snow is for when you can SEE you might need help "feathering" the throttle upon (initial) acceleration. And my '00 GS300 most definitely derated the engine in ECT/Snow mode, even when I "forced" a 1st gear start-off.

Since most new vehicles now have DBW then ECT/Snow mode may simply modify the response rate of the throttle valve to the gas pedal position, self-feathering, as it were.