Rx330 60000 Mile Service Cost

OKEH1

Hi

I have just been quoted $1395 for a 60000 mile service on my 2004 RX330 2wd.

This was from my local Lexus dealer, this price seems excessive, what are other owners thoughts and what are you paying for similar service.

I need tohave service records to keep up my 100000 mile warranty, but dont want to pay excessive charges.

Hi

This was from my local Lexus dealer, this price seems excessive, what are other owners thoughts and what are you paying for similar service.

I need tohave service records to keep up my 100000 mile warranty, but dont want to pay excessive charges.

Your dealer is undoubtedly using an accelerated, severe service, schedule based on your use of the vehicle as a Taxi.

Ask the service writer to write up up the 60,000 mile service only, strickly, as defined by the owners manual and don't sign your approval until you see it written that way.

Personally I would DIY, engine oil and filter change, engine air filter, and pollen filter and be done with it, easily under $100.

Hi

When it was time for our 60K, an independent specializing in Toyota/Lexus was ~$400, the Toyota dealer was $~625 and the Lexus dealer was about ~$900. I am guessing at $1395, they are replacing the timing belt/water pump .... IMO, that can wait until 90K.

Personally, I took the independent option that included the air filter, cabin filter, oil change, rotation, tranny fluid replacement, radiator fluid replacement and a general check over of the rest of the car.