Ls430 Ultra Audio Question - Lexus Link To Radio

aldenjl

I have a 2001 LS430 Ultra. Does anyone know how the audio from the Lexus Link interfaces to the radio/amplifier? Is this a relay that closes off the audio from the radio to the speakers and sends the "The Lexus Link System is Active" message instead?

When I start my car I get the "Lexus Link" message through my speakers, but the audio from the Radio either never come on, or takes from 5 to 20 minutes to come on. The radio if fine, as I have already replaced it and the probelm did not go away. I think that what ever interfaces this "Lexus Link" broadcast to the audio system is sticking active (open), for a period of time preventing the audio from the radio from being heard. The only other option is that the amplifier has an issue, but if this were the case I would have to assume I should not be getting the "Lexus Link" audio message through the speakers.

Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be provided!

First thing I would suggest would be to have the Lexus Link removed. Lexus issued a recall awhile ago, and recently sent out a reminder letter to have the Lexus Link removed. The Lexus Link in your car is analog based and will soon no longer be available as everything has gone digital. FYI, your system can not be upgraded.

I agree... take advantage of the FREE Lexus link removal... you only have until December of this year to get it removed for free. Once they remove the Lexus link your problem with your radio will probably disappear. If it doesn't, take it back to Lexus and tell them once they removed the Lexus link the radio stopped working. Now it's their problem. :whistles:

Hope this helps...

2001 LS430 75K miles

I agree... take advantage of the FREE Lexus link removal... you only have until December of this year to get it removed for free. Once they remove the Lexus link your problem with your radio will probably disappear. If it doesn't, take it back to Lexus and tell them once they removed the Lexus link the radio stopped working. Now it's their problem.:whistles:

Hope this helps...

2001 LS430 75K miles

I agree... take advantage of the FREE Lexus link removal... you only have until December of this year to get it removed for free. Once they remove the Lexus link your problem with your radio will probably disappear. If it doesn't, take it back to Lexus and tell them once they removed the Lexus link the radio stopped working. Now it's their problem.:whistles:

Hope this helps...

2001 LS430 75K miles

Excellent suggestion!!! Thank you very much for the information. I wll make an appoinment right away.