Mystery Switch

TomTA

As a new 92 SC400 owner without an owners guide I am always discovering new things. There are two switches that have me puzzled.

1) next the the fuel filler and trunk release switches there is a rocker switch that is not marked. What does this one do?

2) On the left side of the steering column by the up/down/in/out switch is a push button marked AUTO. What is this one for? It does not seem to do anything when I push it.

Thanx for the help.

As a new 92 SC400 owner without an owners guide I am always discovering new things. There are two switches that have me puzzled.

1) next the the fuel filler and trunk release switches there is a rocker switch that is not marked. What does this one do?

2) On the left side of the steering column by the up/down/in/out switch is a push button marked AUTO. What is this one for? It does not seem to do anything when I push it.

Thanx for the help.

Well the fuel filter switch i have no clue, but the AUTO switch on your steering column is intended for the telescoping wheel. When it is suppressed, it will retract the wheel when the key is removed and will extend the wheel to the previous, user selected setting when the key is inserted. I understand that there is a way to get this working if it is one of the more common problems of the "little blue gear" ( there is a post on how to fix it but i don't have time to find it ).

hope this helps

Regarding #1 mystery switch by the trunk release. This rocker switch may be the on/off control for the automatic door locks and security alarm on your master key button. The easiest way to check is to see if your electronic key lock on your main key works when the rocker switch is in one or the other positions.

Thanx for the help.

No 1 mystery rocker switch on a 2000 SC300 turns Traction Control System off.

Thanx for the help.

No 1 mystery rocker switch on a 2000 SC300 turns Traction Control System off.

:rolleyes: That was it. Thanx. Now to figure out where the power comes from for the rear window defroster, and whether or not it is a fuse, relay, wiring, or the window itself.