Replacing Low Beam Bulb On 97 Ls

LUVmyLS

Anyone have info on replacing the low beam bulb on 97 LS?

Replacing the low beam bulb is relatively easy. I replaced both of mine in my 96 LS. If you remove the battery on the driver's side and the air intake shroud on the passenger side, you will have easy access to both bulbs. They are held in by a clip that can be seen once the rubber is pulled back from the bulb. They are H4 type bulbs in my 96 which I believe is the same for 97 as well. Good luck.

The recommended and quicker way to replace headlight bulbs is to remove the entire headlight assemblies from the front -- there is no need to disconnect and remove the battery and air intake shroud -- just follow the procedure in the shop manual.

The recommended and quicker way to replace headlight bulbs is to remove the entire headlight assemblies from the front -- there is no need to disconnect and remove the battery and air intake shroud -- just follow the procedure in the shop manual.

Many Thanks to you and the member from Dallas, you guys ROCK. I'm a new menber to the club, this is the true car club that I have been searching for. For the past 15 years I have owned numerous Bimmers 3, 5 and 7 series. Great car if you have the money for the up keep, horrible sales assoicates and service. Some club members are unfreindly or snobs, the gear head only talked about the 1600 - 2002 then the ultra snobs talked about the M cars. Very limited tech support, unlike Lexus club.

3 yrs ago I sold all my Bimmers and bought the 97 LS loved it so much 6 mos later bought a 94 ES. Any performance tips on either car, have you use K & N filter any advise? I read the K &N thread it concerns me..

Sorry being long winded just want to express my gratitude and how great this club is..... :cheers:

• 4 months later...

I need to replace the low beam bulbs in a 1997 and don't have the shop manual. What is the best practice procedure to remove the assembly. Also it appears this car has a separate low and high beam bulb. Is the low beam on the bottom or top and what tools does this require? The guy at Autozone told me that I needed the the 9003 ST/2 Silverstar Bulbs. Any suggestions would be appreciated.