Headlight Bulb Fitting Problem...

I got a 1992 ES300 and I bought headlights from Japan (the '' 3 lined '' or ''dark housing'' or ''Windom'') model. It's been a surprise when I got them to see that only high beam bulbs (9005) were fitting in. Low beams (9006) bulbs were just too big to fit there and this, even if it's written HB4 (9006) on the headlights. So I bought PIAA lights that were said to be fitting both 9006 and 9005. They fitted just fine. Got tired of them bulbs so I bought an HID kit. Well, I hoped that the 9006 HID bulbs would being thinner than 9006 halogen but no, I had the same problem.

I just wanted to know if some of you guys had this headlight model and how did you cross this problem?

The only option I see right now is to take off low beam projectors off my american headlights and install them in my imported ones.

It *BLEEP* me off a little to open both these headlights kit just for a little wider projector.

or maybe if I rub the inside of the projector to thin the inside till it's wide enough?

Well i'm asking it 'cause I bought another headlights kit from Japan and I expect to have the same problem.

For those who got ''3 lined'' model, does it always cause so much trouble?

Can I hope this third headlight kit to be alright?

Well would be nice if anybody could give me some information about this kind of headlights.

Thanks

I got a 1992 ES300 and I bought headlights from Japan (the '' 3 lined '' or ''dark housing'' or ''Windom'') model. It's been a surprise when I got them to see that only high beam bulbs (9005) were fitting in. Low beams (9006) bulbs were just too big to fit there and this, even if it's written HB4 (9006) on the headlights. So I bought PIAA lights that were said to be fitting both 9006 and 9005. They fitted just fine. Got tired of them bulbs so I bought an HID kit. Well, I hoped that the 9006 HID bulbs would being thinner than 9006 halogen but no, I had the same problem.

I just wanted to know if some of you guys had this headlight model and how did you cross this problem?

The only option I see right now is to take off low beam projectors off my american headlights and install them in my imported ones.

It *BLEEP* me off a little to open both these headlights kit just for a little wider projector.

or maybe if I rub the inside of the projector to thin the inside till it's wide enough?

Well i'm asking it 'cause I bought another headlights kit from Japan and I expect to have the same problem.

Well would be nice if anybody could give me some information about this kind of headlights.

Thanks

after some research i found out u need a 9006j bulb.

but i bet wit some sand paper or a file u could make them fit.

Thanks

after some research i found out u need a 9006j bulb.

but i bet wit some sand paper or a file u could make them fit.

Thanks a lot!

• 2 weeks later...