Lockpick-3 Nava Unlock For 08 Rx400h?

• 3 weeks later...
Got the LP 2 for our '06 so that's no help. But do the phone # !! I often wonder why folks let their selves get exasperated over the email thing, when the phone # is right there on their web site. <_<

im having the same problem, their email response sucks! i just called them and they claimed they would call me back, we'll see how long this takes.

Got the LP 2 for our '06 so that's no help. But do the phone # !! I often wonder why folks let their selves get exasperated over the email thing, when the phone # is right there on their web site. <_<

im having the same problem, their email response sucks! i just called them and they claimed they would call me back, we'll see how long this takes.

Never called me back. Not a good sign. No e-mail response either.

I attended the San Fransisco auto show this w/e and was informed by a sales guy that

the Nav unit does respond to commands by voice while in motion. I specifically asked if

I could enter addresses verbally and was told yes. Anyone know it that is true?

I am close to pulling the trigger on a purchase.

/Steve

Never called me back. Not a good sign. No e-mail response either.

I attended the San Fransisco auto show this w/e and was informed by a sales guy that

the Nav unit does respond to commands by voice while in motion. I specifically asked if

I could enter addresses verbally and was told yes. Anyone know it that is true?

I am close to pulling the trigger on a purchase.

/Steve

The Nav on our '08 does respond to voice commands while driving. I haven't actually tried it yet but it will do it.

• 3 weeks later...
spoke to the dudes today, they said they are in the process of developing a system for the 08' RX400h, the lockpick 3 does NOT work with the 2008 RX400h. Anyone know anywhere else we could a nav hack from?

I talked to them and they told me that the Lockpick 3 DOES work with the 2008 RX-400h as long as you don't have the optional DVD system.

I called twice and twice got the same answer from different people since I was really concerned about this.

spoke to the dudes today, they said they are in the process of developing a system for the 08' RX400h, the lockpick 3 does NOT work with the 2008 RX400h. Anyone know anywhere else we could a nav hack from?

I talked to them and they told me that the Lockpick 3 DOES work with the 2008 RX-400h as long as you don't have the optional DVD system.

I called twice and twice got the same answer from different people since I was really concerned about this.

really? are you sure? let me know when you get lockpick installed in your car and I might just consider it. Can we watch DVD's on our front console with the lockpick installed?

really? are you sure? let me know when you get lockpick installed in your car and I might just consider it. Can we watch DVD's on our front console with the lockpick installed?

Actually I don't really know if it will play DVDs unless you have a DVD source that's not in the radio, at least that's what I've read.

It'll be installed over the holidays and I'll let you know how it comes out.

BTW- I also bought the Coastal piece that installs an ipod into the radio so that you can change songs on the steering wheel and see the song information on the radio. I'll let you know about that one too.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Another request for an update on this. How did it go?

Been away for awhile, but finally got to it and the lockpick 3 DOES work with a Lexus RX400h 2008.

It took a bit since the manual was missing 6 pages, and the installation wasn't as easy as advertised, but it works fine now.

I can get to anything the Nav screen can do while driving.

David

What exact options do you have on your 08 4ooh? I talked to Coastaltech a month ago and they said they were still working on a version that would work.

I have the Mark Levinson system and Nav

Do you have the Mark Levinson stereo?

How does the Ipod Adaptor work?

Please tell all of us more.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the basic lockpick 3 that unlocks the navigation feature on my 2008 RX400h and it works like a champ. Install took less than 5 minutes. I really want to utilize the functionality of the ulitmate lockpick 3 that would allow me to use on screen phone dialing while driving, but according to the coastaltech website, I am not sure if my vheicle (Mark Levinson with 6 disc CD/DVD changer) supports this.

Does anyone have any info concerning the success or failure of using the ultimate lockpick 3 with an 08 RX 400h that has the same stereo components as described?

Thanks

P.S.

If anyone needs install help, let me know. I have all but mastered disassembly of my RX's interior :)

I got the basic lockpick 3 that unlocks the navigation feature on my 2008 RX400h and it works like a champ. Install took less than 5 minutes. I really want to utilize the functionality of the ulitmate lockpick 3 that would allow me to use on screen phone dialing while driving, but according to the coastaltech website, I am not sure if my vheicle (Mark Levinson with 6 disc CD/DVD changer) supports this.

Does anyone have any info concerning the success or failure of using the ultimate lockpick 3 with an 08 RX 400h that has the same stereo components as described?

Thanks

P.S.

If anyone needs install help, let me know. I have all but mastered disassembly of my RX's interior :)

5 Minutes?!?!? Is there a pdf or something you can post? Or pics?

• 1 month later...

Thanks

P.S.

5 Minutes?!?!? Is there a pdf or something you can post? Or pics?

i'm interested on the pdf or installation guide with pics. Do you have any?

This company would sell more of its products if they had a better web site. Maybe it is just me but their site is very confusing. It is hard to tell what will work in my 2008 Rx400h, what it actually will do and how it is installed. I must not be the only one based on all the internet posts. I am reluctant to buy something from a company that seems this disorganized.

Thanks

P.S.

I too have the RX 400h with Mark Levinson sound and 6 disc cd/dvd changer. I also purchased the lockpick 3 basic. When I purchased mine I called them to confirm that it would work and also if the lockpick 3 ultimate would work or not. I was told that the basic was all that would work with the ML sound system if it had the 6 disc in dash cd/dvd changer. This is a bit confusing to me as well because apparently the ultimate allows you to watch dvd's on the front screen while driving, which means yo need the ML system to have the front dvd head to read the dvd's and secondly I think they say it does work i the RX 350? I am not sure if they are confused about the rear entertainment configuration on this issue or not?

Anyway I did not really want the 3 ultimate real bad because all it would add for me that I would like is phone dialing while moving using the bluetooth screen/phone book and touch pad. I can pick up my phone and dial it just as easily and it will still go thru the bluetooth link. Plus your speed dial numbers in the Lexus phone book are accessible while moving without the lockpick ultimate.

Thanks

P.S.

I too have the RX 400h with Mark Levinson sound and 6 disc cd/dvd changer. I also purchased the lockpick 3 basic. When I purchased mine I called them to confirm that it would work and also if the lockpick 3 ultimate would work or not. I was told that the basic was all that would work with the ML sound system if it had the 6 disc in dash cd/dvd changer. This is a bit confusing to me as well because apparently the ultimate allows you to watch dvd's on the front screen while driving, which means yo need the ML system to have the front dvd head to read the dvd's and secondly I think they say it does work i the RX 350? I am not sure if they are confused about the rear entertainment configuration on this issue or not?

Anyway I did not really want the 3 ultimate real bad because all it would add for me that I would like is phone dialing while moving using the bluetooth screen/phone book and touch pad. I can pick up my phone and dial it just as easily and it will still go thru the bluetooth link. Plus your speed dial numbers in the Lexus phone book are accessible while moving without the lockpick ultimate.

anyone know if the lockpick 3 ultimate works with the rx400h 08'? im curious about the lockpick 3 basic

Is it just me, or do the phone people at Coastal Etech seem like poorly trained idiots?

Tom

I talked to the folks a couple years ago at a convention, and they were nice & helpfull. From their side of the 'issue' THEY have to deal w/ (to use your word) idiots, all day ... day after day. So, you have a company that have cornered the market w/ a device, and no one else wants to hassle w/ the ... (let's just call them 'impatient') customers that 'don't get it'. Many buy the wrong thing, then threaten to 'sue' for a defect that doesn't exist, etc. They'd just as likely not sell 'em anymore as have to take on more ... er ... 'customers' that cause more headaches then the sale is worth. The point: There's often 2 sides.

That explanation makes no sense.

They would solve their problems if they had a web site that clearly showed what each product does, which product works with each vehicle and exactly how they are installed. Every question here is related to people trying to get this information because they can't find it on their web site. Their problems are all self inflicted.