Engine Warning Light Question And Advise Question Of Suspension

heepunk

Hello

I am 2002 is 300 owner.

I have changed air intake to AEM and exhaust to HKS hi-power.

After a month I changed intake, warning sign showed up. so i disconnected battery and it was fine later.

Then a while after changing exhaust, it showed up again.

Is it ok to just keep reseting ECU? because mechanics charging $85 for just scanning it.

And I am planning to lower my ride.

Is it ok to change just the springs or do I have to change whole suspension for is 300?

What kinds of brands do you guys suggest for spring or suspension?

need some advice...

Thank you~

Hello

I am 2002 is 300 owner.

I have changed air intake to AEM and exhaust to HKS hi-power.

After a month I changed intake, warning sign showed up. so i disconnected battery and it was fine later.

Then a while after changing exhaust, it showed up again.

Is it ok to just keep reseting ECU? because mechanics charging $85 for just scanning it.

And I am planning to lower my ride.

Is it ok to change just the springs or do I have to change whole suspension for is 300?

What kinds of brands do you guys suggest for spring or suspension?

need some advice...

Thank you~

welcome to the loc!!!!!

yo yo..... you should take your car to autozone and get them to scan your codes... they'll do it for free and that will tell you whether it's something caused by the parts you put on or if it's something you need to fix! ;) you need to find out what the code is before you decide whether or not it's ok to just keep resetting the ecu :cheers:

and as for the suspension you can just do springs.... i went with the eibach prokit.... springs will be ok if you're just gonna drive crazy sometimes.... now if you're gonna be doing sum mad cornering all the time then i'd go with coilovers.... but yes you can just put springs on!!!

oh and where are the pics???? we'd love to see your ride!!!

-flop170

free at Autozone?^^

Thanks for good information~

and I am not a CRAZY driver.. kk maybe sometimes....

so it seems Eibach spring is good enough for me

I will post my car pic soon

sad that i have never taken pic of my car... so lazy...

anyway, thanks a lot~

The AEM is probably your culprit. I think there are only a few intakes that don't throw up that cel. The K&N, SRT, and JoeZ. There may be a few more, but I know these are ok. Iv'e heard a few others have to deal with the cel with the AEM intake.

The exhaust sytem you put on I imagine is a cat back system? If so, that will have no effect on the 02 sensors.