Engine Choked And Died

yidaitianjiaous

i have two days experiencing engine die down on my way to work. Yesterday morning, when i stopped at a red light, engine choked and died just 2 mins after off fwy (Total 5-6 miles), During noon time, i check car, engine ran perfect, no die-down way home after work. This moning, i expereinced the same. To keep engine alive, i had to put one foot on brake, one foot on fuel. when turned into parking lot, car died. Check again in the noon, car OK again... what effected this? temperature? I have let the engine run for 10 min in parking lot before i hit the road. Anyone have this problem beofre? any suggestions? it's 92 ls400 with 165k. Thx.

i have two days experiencing engine die down on my way to work. Yesterday morning, when i stopped at a red light, engine choked and died just 2 mins after off fwy (Total 5-6 miles), During noon time, i check car, engine ran perfect, no die-down way home after work. This moning, i expereinced the same. To keep engine alive, i had to put one foot on brake, one foot on fuel. when turned into parking lot, car died. Check again in the noon, car OK again... what effected this? temperature? I have let the engine run for 10 min in parking lot before i hit the road. Anyone have this problem beofre? any suggestions? it's 92 ls400 with 165k. Thx.

Sounds like the IAC valve needs cleaning. Same symtoms.

Thanks Holmes. What is IAC? Where it located and how to clean? Can i DIY? Really appreciated if i can DIY.

Thanks Holmes. What is IAC? Where it located and how to clean? Can i DIY? Really appreciated if i can DIY.

The IAC Valve is (Intake Air Control) I don't know where it is located on the Is400 but I think that it is located about the same place on all models. On my 98 ES300, it is located just under the intake maniford between the engine and manifold. It is a easy DIY. There is a thread on the forum with detailed instructions. GoldenState Silver Sport has an excellent step by step info. Give him an e-mail or message and he will be more than happy to help you or point you to the right thread. I hope it is ok for me to mention other thread posters on the forum. If not please let me know.

yidaitianjiaous> Search for the thread Step by Step instruction for IACV

Good Luck and let us know if that fixed your problem

The IAC Valve is (Intake Air Control) I don't know where it is located on the Is400 but I think that it is located about the same place on all models. On my 98 ES300, it is located just under the intake maniford between the engine and manifold. It is a easy DIY. There is a thread on the forum with detailed instructions. GoldenState Silver Sport has an excellent step by step info. Give him an e-mail or message and he will be more than happy to help you or point you to the right thread. I hope it is ok for me to mention other thread posters on the forum. If not please let me know.

yidaitianjiaous> Search for the thread Step by Step instruction for IACV

Good Luck and let us know if that fixed your problem

Thx you all. See if i will fix it this weekend and i will post the result