Aftermarket Dvd/navi Sytem

Get one of this for navi and foggetaboutit:

from CR: Prices for Global Positioning System navigators are dropping, and features such as internal batteries, touch screens, preloaded map databases, MP3 players, and spoken street names ("Turn left on Maple Street," not just "Turn left") are trickling down from pricey models to lower-cost ones. Real-time traffic alerts can also be had from less expensive GPS units, but expect to pay a subscription fee.

All three models have text-to-speech technology, which means that they say the names of streets rather than simply say "turn left." Each can also report traffic delays, but the TomTom Go 910 must be paired with a compatible Bluetooth phone to get traffic services. The others have built-in receivers. Of the three, the nuvi 660 is the most compact, yet has a good-sized screen allowing larger icons and keypad letters--a plus for entering addresses. The Garmin c580 performs as well as the nuvi 660, but it has a smaller screen and its larger size makes it a little less portable. The TomTom Go 910 is another strong performer. It is less portable with a screen size between the nuvi 660 and the StreetPilot c580.

Get one of this for navi and foggetaboutit:

from CR: Prices for Global Positioning System navigators are dropping, and features such as internal batteries, touch screens, preloaded map databases, MP3 players, and spoken street names ("Turn left on Maple Street," not just "Turn left") are trickling down from pricey models to lower-cost ones. Real-time traffic alerts can also be had from less expensive GPS units, but expect to pay a subscription fee.

All three models have text-to-speech technology, which means that they say the names of streets rather than simply say "turn left." Each can also report traffic delays, but the TomTom Go 910 must be paired with a compatible Bluetooth phone to get traffic services. The others have built-in receivers. Of the three, the nuvi 660 is the most compact, yet has a good-sized screen allowing larger icons and keypad letters--a plus for entering addresses. The Garmin c580 performs as well as the nuvi 660, but it has a smaller screen and its larger size makes it a little less portable. The TomTom Go 910 is another strong performer. It is less portable with a screen size between the nuvi 660 and the StreetPilot c580.

Yeah, I will probably end up getting the Nuvi 660, I have looked at them in person and researched some of the best prices on the Internet...I love their navigation capabilities along with the bluetooth and touch screen, I just wish their was some way I could play dvd's in my car....

However, I do have the iPhone and I think by plugging that into the mp3 component that the sound will play through the car sytem while I am watching a movie on the iPhone...handy when waiting for class to start when you have to get their 30 minutes early just to get a SPOT

also, does anyone have any reccomendations for the Ipod connections, I have a belking connector cable...just wondering if that if anyone is also using harmon kardons's plug and play or anything like that....plus any mounts for the ipods or anything??? Thanks