Front Seat Problem

Hey guys, i searched through the forums but couldnt find an answer for this one. My driver seat has the factory electronic adjustable seats just as all of you might have. The problem is, when i adjust the seat to move from front to back to increase my leg room, the right side of the seat seems stuck on the rail and stays stuck, but the left side moves forward and back with no problems. Is this a simple fix or does my entire seat need to be replaced? I was thinking maybe there is a coin in the rail but i couldnt see anything but then again i could be wrong. Is there a motor on the right side as well? i would doubt so.

thanks in advance for all your help.!!!

Hey guys, i searched through the forums but couldnt find an answer for this one. My driver seat has the factory electronic adjustable seats just as all of you might have. The problem is, when i adjust the seat to move from front to back to increase my leg room, the right side of the seat seems stuck on the rail and stays stuck, but the left side moves forward and back with no problems. Is this a simple fix or does my entire seat need to be replaced? I was thinking maybe there is a coin in the rail but i couldnt see anything but then again i could be wrong. Is there a motor on the right side as well? i would doubt so.

anyone? im sure someone on here has removed their rear bumper before

anyone? im sure someone on here has removed their rear bumper before

Pull the seat off and see for yourself...it's REALLY easy to do. Remove the four bolts holding the seat down and unplug the ECU's plug. Check it out. It might be something stuck in the track or it might be a bent track.

is the passenger seat just as easy to remove - aside from weighing a lot?

i have the same problem. the dealer gave me a $1200 price - but that's from someone they outsource to and is probably for a new seat. even the dealer thought it was ridiculous. i got a new track and motor on e-bay. i'd do it myself - if i could find the bolts but the seat doesn't move.

Allow me to give you a bit of help. FYI, I have yet to fix my own...

Boardmember JEDIPETE was kind enough to offer this advice:

…my passenger seat was broke because a plastic pin had fallen out. It had to be reinsterted to the gear would catch when that motor was activated.

If your motor is not spininng at all when you try to move the seat back then the motor is bad. If it runs it probably means that pin fell out. You will have to remove the seat. 4 bolts hold it in. they are a pain in the !Removed!. You can also move your seat back manually if you put a 12mm ? socket on the horizontal screw from the front and ratchet it until it goes all the way back. My seat would twist to one side because one pin fell out. So I had to rachet it back until I had access to the fwd bolts. Take the back 2 out first then rachet yoyr seat back like I said and take out the front. Make sure you disconnect the battery before you unplug the seat. It could fry something is ya don't.

And this thread contains some info: ClickHere

This thread from LOC offers similar advice as well: ClickHere

And another LOC thread which contains a number of links to additional threads within: ClickHere

Good luck and be sure to let us know how you make out!