Replacing Window Motor

wynstan

Dear members,

I found that my passenger side power-window was acting strange. Both the driver master switch nor the passenger switch could have a very hard time to move the window up. Lubricating the window track had been tried but it didn't work.

Finally I replaced the window motor. Now the window can move up and down okay. BUT once it hits the top w/ automatic open, it just bounces back down to the middle and leaves it halfway open. Then I have to manually click up the switch until it closes all the way up.

Am I missing something here!? Some relay is also broken? Where? Or the window motor needs some special reset procedure? I have only tried holding the button down - wait 1 sec - and up to the top for 10 sec AFTER disconnecting the battery.

Anything else? Please help from all the experienced members.

Thank you so much!

Wynstan

:blushing:

you forgot to reset the window motor. Take the window motor back out. Unscrew it off the regulator. Mark the teeth on the window motor. Plug the motor in and spin it 5-8 times. Install everything and it will be good.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem with my windows this summer; wouldn't close, wouldn't open, would bounce back and forth. Took it to my mechanic and he told me the master switch was bad and while it's about $70 in most cars, the one Lexus uses has a mini computer in it and it cost $700. Few days later I learned my "sprained" ankle was actually broken and when I got home that day, didn't close the door tight, so the light stayed on several days (I was stuck in the house on crutches and couldn't drive) until the battery died. Once I was able to jump start the battery, it was like rebooting that master switch computer and it's been fine since.

Dear members,

I found that my passenger side power-window was acting strange. Both the driver master switch nor the passenger switch could have a very hard time to move the window up. Lubricating the window track had been tried but it didn't work.

Finally I replaced the window motor. Now the window can move up and down okay. BUT once it hits the top w/ automatic open, it just bounces back down to the middle and leaves it halfway open. Then I have to manually click up the switch until it closes all the way up.

Am I missing something here!? Some relay is also broken? Where? Or the window motor needs some special reset procedure? I have only tried holding the button down - wait 1 sec - and up to the top for 10 sec AFTER disconnecting the battery.

Anything else? Please help from all the experienced members.

Thank you so much!

Wynstan

:blushing: