My Lex Smells!

Frankie_B

So....the Lex smells.

Literally. Every morning I get into the car, it smeels like :censored:, like something is rotting. I can't figure it out.

First I thought maybe I left some groceries in the back long time ago and, but... I took the car out to clean the crap out of it, cleaned and detailed the whole interior, vaccumed and cleaned the trunk, it finally smelled like new and I knew there was nothing physically in it to cause the smell..

But two days later, it came back...

I keep it in an underground garage. What could that be? Do you think A/C could cause any rotten smell at all?

Cheers

Oh, yeah. Try looking at the cabin air filter - then change it. It is supposed to be replaced every 15,000 miles. After that leave your window or sunroof slightly open to allow for circulation.

There are many posts on LOC that address this issue. Some members have even gone to Home Depot and cut one of their carbon filled HVAC filters to fit. Storing in a humid underground area would only make mold growth and the resulting odor worse.

BTW, if your Lexus smells you have an anatomical miracle. If it just has an odor then you won't be getting rich soon on Letterman. ;)