2002 Gs300 Timing Belt/mileage

I reviewed the existing posts for info on timing belts but didnt see this particular information.

I have a 2002 GS300 with 95K miles. I just bought it. I dont wanna pay the $1500.00 for the 100K mile service

at the local dealership. That includes the timing belt, which is 625.00 by itself. I am debating on whether or not to have the timing

belt changed.

My question is:

How many miles do you have on your 2002 GS300 and did you change your timing belt? If you changed it did they say what kind of wear it had on it?

Thanks all.

David

I reviewed the existing posts for info on timing belts but didnt see this particular information.

I have a 2002 GS300 with 95K miles. I just bought it. I dont wanna pay the $1500.00 for the 100K mile service

at the local dealership. That includes the timing belt, which is 625.00 by itself. I am debating on whether or not to have the timing

belt changed.

My question is:

How many miles do you have on your 2002 GS300 and did you change your timing belt? If you changed it did they say what kind of wear it had on it?

Thanks all.

David

I know you dont want to hear this, but just change it and then you dont have to worry about a breakdown somewhere. It is really the only big expense you have with these cars. If you do it yourself, it only costs your time and about 35 bucks for the belt. I fought trying to get the bolt off the timing belt and finally spent the 750.00 to have the dealer do it. Most of the lexus' recommend 90 K for change and you probably can get more, but why worry about a breakdown.

That includes the timing belt, which is 625.00 by itself. I am debating on whether or not to have the timing

belt changed.

Reminds me of the old Fram commercials, “You can pay me now or pay me later”.

The 2JZ-GE is an interference engine. You lunch that belt and $625.00 will look like a wet dream to get out of that mistake.