Steering Wheel Question

I am the new owner of an 06 Lexus GS 300... I had a 1994 GS 300 for 11yrs. Sold it and tried an Acura RL... no comparison...so now I'm back. Anyway.. quick question. I've noticed that when I first hit the start button...and the wheel starts to move....or when I shut down and the wheel moves back....at the start and finish of movement, there is a bit of a grinding sound. If the wheel retracts...comes to a stop. I don't hear it until I open the door... I think it's some sort of locking mechanism coming into place... I just don't remember it on my last GS. Do they all do that? Thanks

I am the new owner of an 06 Lexus GS 300... I had a 1994 GS 300 for 11yrs. Sold it and tried an Acura RL... no comparison...so now I'm back. Anyway.. quick question. I've noticed that when I first hit the start button...and the wheel starts to move....or when I shut down and the wheel moves back....at the start and finish of movement, there is a bit of a grinding sound. If the wheel retracts...comes to a stop. I don't hear it until I open the door... I think it's some sort of locking mechanism coming into place... I just don't remember it on my last GS. Do they all do that? Thanks

Forget it... I found it in the manual.... it's the steering wheel locking mechanism. It even says, "If you hear this, don't worry it's not a defect" Guess I should learn to read first...ask questions later.