How Many Miles Before New Brakes & Rotors

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 06 IS 250 AWD. How many miles before you guy's have replaced the brake pads and rotors. Have any body replaced with upgrade parts or just OEM parts?

I have 22,000 miles and they are almost ready for replacement.

I had to replace my pads at 15,000 miles on my 2006 IS350. They resurfaced the rotors and put in new pads that should last longer and give off less brake dust. There is a Technical Service Bulletin on the new pads that come with the 2006 year cars and if you catch it before they wear out they will give you a new set free (if you complain about the excessive brake dust).

I have a 06 IS 250 AWD. How many miles before you guy's have replaced the brake pads and rotors. Have any body replaced with upgrade parts or just OEM parts?

I have 22,000 miles and they are almost ready for replacement.

I had to replace my pads at 15,000 miles on my 2006 IS350. They resurfaced the rotors and put in new pads that should last longer and give off less brake dust. There is a Technical Service Bulletin on the new pads that come with the 2006 year cars and if you catch it before they wear out they will give you a new set free (if you complain about the excessive brake dust).

I had the dealer put in the new updated pads. The rotors were OK. They seem to stop just as well. Not sure about the dust yet.