Buying An Additional Master Key

Pegasos

I bought an additional key for my 2003 RX300 from a company that advertises on this website and also came recommended by someone on this forum.

I spoke to Tami. They don't have an 800 number. Her number is 740-546-4700. I paid $130 for a key w/transponder. That includes the cutting of the key. So I just had to program it. And I also paid $30 for just a key w/out the keyless entry transponder.

I downloaded the instructions for programming the key. It was kind of tricky at first, but then I got it.

Whatever you do don't buy just the shell and take it to a shop to cut. Some people don't know how to cut the keys. So then you've wasted your money on the shell. Also, when I called a locksmith about cutting they key, they wanted to charge $50 and up, and they wouldn't guarantee it.

Oh, yes, Tami cuts the keys for $15 if you give her the key. She also charges another $15 to get the key code. But if you go to the dealership yourself, you can get the key code for free just by giving them your car registration so that they can run the VIN number.

Angie