08 Es350 Xm Antenna

BillC

Can someone help me? I have an 05 ES330 with XM Radio and have an ugly trunk mounted XM antenna. I am looking at an 08 and the audio features list the antenna as "Antenna - In-glass satellite with FM-diversity feature" yet every dealer I've talked to in the Boston area says that XM will still require the ugly dealer installed trunk mount version. Doesn't the feature list make it sound like the in glass antenna will handle the satellite reception? This is now one of the only "luxury" cars that requires a dealer installed antenna that spoils the look of the car. HELP? :wacko:

The inglass diversity antenna is for the normal FM reception. It has nothing to do with the XM radio. Fortunately the new XM antennas are quite a bit smaller the previous versions.

I've looked through the brochure for the 2008 ES and all I see is in glass FM diversity listed, where do you see satellite?

The inglass diversity antenna is for the normal FM reception. It has nothing to do with the XM radio. Fortunately the new XM antennas are quite a bit smaller the previous versions.

I've looked through the brochure for the 2008 ES and all I see is in glass FM diversity listed, where do you see satellite?

Thanks, I saw this on the Lexus website: http://www.lexus.com/models/ES/detailed_specifications.html

Scoll down to "Audio & Entertainment" - "Antenna".

My guess is that the satellite feature for the "In-glass satellite with FM-diversity" is used for Navigation but it would be great if it could also be used for the XM radio.

• 1 month later...
I hope its not too late. However I purchased a 2008 ES and the dealer put the antenna inside the car right next to the stop light, you hardly notice it.

Good luck

Still haven't pulled the trigger. Waiting to sell my wife's Saab. How's the reception??? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I hope its not too late. However I purchased a 2008 ES and the dealer put the antenna inside the car right next to the stop light, you hardly notice it.

Good luck

Still haven't pulled the trigger. Waiting to sell my wife's Saab. How's the reception??? Thanks.

Sorry it took so long to respond, on vacation. However the reception is better then I ever expected. Just finished 2000 mile trip and it worked without flaw.