Power Antenna

LexAustin

I just bought a Hirschmann aftermarket and will be replacing it this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes. They require a bit of cutting and splicing but I imagine that is going to be true with most aftermarkets.

I just realized that the antenna goes up more on FM2 more so than FM1, thats pretty cool. Makes alot of sense, but it would be real cool if it went up and down according to what freq you were on...

I just bought a Hirschmann aftermarket and will be replacing it this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes. They require a bit of cutting and splicing but I imagine that is going to be true with most aftermarkets.

I just realized that the antenna goes up more on FM2 more so than FM1, thats pretty cool. Makes alot of sense, but it would be real cool if it went up and down according to what freq you were on...

It is supposed to go up a varying amount based on the signal strength.

If you end up having to replace it, I got a part on eBay for about $25. It's just the antenna and the long plastic gear thing as the most common failure is that the plastic gear thing breaks. You have to get the old broken piece out and then feed this in. There are threads about doing this.

Joe

• 1 month later...

If you end up having to replace it, I got a part on eBay for about $25. It's just the antenna and the long plastic gear thing as the most common failure is that the plastic gear thing breaks. You have to get the old broken piece out and then feed this in. There are threads about doing this.

Joe

Joe

I replaced mine with an internet aftermarket piece and it failed a few months later. Same grinding and failure to wind down all the way. Three-four attempts at each shut down to get it flush with the fender. I disconnected the lead since I rarely use regular radio anymore and rely on satellite and cd's.