Tranny Fluid Leak

AustinGT

Hey guys, back to the genius board for a little advice! The other morning I noticed there was a small amount of red tranny fluid on the garage floor, but it was in the front of the car. It was in front of the oil pan, and slightly to the left of center (which might rule out the ps pump). The next day there was a tiny bit in the same spot, but other than that no more... I know on older cars there is a transmission cooler that runs to the front, but my question is what is in the front of the car that could leak a little transmission fluid? If there is a problem I want to catch it now before it gets pricey.... Thanks in advance for the help!

p.s. It's been 2 years and 15k miles since the last fluid change, should I start the 2qt per oil change drain and fill method mentioned on numerous other posts?

There are lines that run to a small cooler mounted by the radiator. A fitting could be leaking. I personally think it's best to change your fluid at least every 15k, so I would have that done when they fix whatever is leaking. Definitely get that taken care of ASAP and top off the fluid in the mean time.