Key Wont Come Out!

pwonder

I just swapped most of the interior, including the console on my 92 sc400 and now the key wont turn to the off position unless i take off the negative batt. cable. The weird thing is that after this happened the first time i went the the gas station, put the car in park, and the key came out No Problem... Went back home, the key wouldnt come out. All the plugs are connected near the shifter. What the heck is going on.....?

its weird, today i took the car out 3 times, the first time the key didnt want to come out, the last 2 times it came out with no problem. Im not sure if wiggling the shifter will make a difference when it was happening to me yesterday i tryed everything but nothing worked except disconecting the negative batt. cable....

ill try it out next time it happens, which will probebly happen tomorrow. Do you think this has something to do with me swapping the interior?? It wasnt happening before i did that....

make sure when you park, push the shifter all the way in park. Correct me if i am wrong, but i think it has something to do with the park detect switch. if it doesn't detect the shift lever in park, it won't release the key.