Radio Static - Please Help

italyguy01

There is a problem with loud static coming from the rear speakers. It happens even when the radio is turned off. It seems to happen more when it is hot out, driving for a while, and when you drive over 65mph, I know, sounds crazy. But when the static would start happening, I would turn the radio off and it would still be there, and if I slowed down below 65mph it would stop!!!

Anyway, I swapped out the amp and the Radio with good used ones, and it still happens.

Any Ideas?

There is a problem with loud static coming from the rear speakers. It happens even when the radio is turned off. It seems to happen more when it is hot out, driving for a while, and when you drive over 65mph, I know, sounds crazy. But when the static would start happening, I would turn the radio off and it would still be there, and if I slowed down below 65mph it would stop!!!

Anyway, I swapped out the amp and the Radio with good used ones, and it still happens.

Any Ideas?

Probably a ground wire somewhere.

Any Ideas?

I would agree with dcfish. You have a bad ground wire somewhere. :censored:

I was thinking of running a separate ground from the radio chassis, and amplifier chassis to a good ground using my own wire. I would think that should provide a good ground for both and eliminate the issue?

Also, something else just started happening, the rear tailight out indicator comes on the dash now and then, but all the rear bulbs have been replaced.

I was thinking of running a separate ground from the radio chassis, and amplifier chassis to a good ground using my own wire. I would think that should provide a good ground for both and eliminate the issue?

Also, something else just started happening, the rear tailight out indicator comes on the dash now and then, but all the rear bulbs have been replaced.

I highly reccomend replacing the neg. battery cable from the battery to the chassis.

I went and bought a negative 4 gauge battery cable. Installed it with the factory battery cables and grounded it to the strut tower. This makes sense. The factory ground wires are rather small. This 4 gauge is huge. I figured it was easier just to add it with the grounds already there. Hopefully this resolves the issue.

Hi

I installed a 4 gauge ground wire from the battery to the body. Static/distortion noise still there. It only starts after driving for a long while and over 65-70mph. While it was happening, I turned the engine off but left the key on so the radio would still be on, the static noise still was there even with the car engine not running. The static noise still happens with the radio off. IT only comes from the rear speakers, oddly enough and Is very loud. Like your touching the speaker wires to a 9 volt if you know what that sounds like.

Any other ideas?