Check Engine Light, Vsc Light, Trac Off Light All On!

Jack R

All three lights, CEL VSC and Trac Off lights are on. The DTC code is P1135 for AF Sensor 1 Bank 1. The sensor tests bad. My question is will replacing the Sensor turn off all of the above lights, or do I have a problem with the VSC/Trac Off system?

Regards,

Jack

All three lights, CEL VSC and Trac Off lights are on. The DTC code is P1135 for AF Sensor 1 Bank 1. The sensor tests bad. My question is will replacing the Sensor turn off all of the above lights, or do I have a problem with the VSC/Trac Off system?

Regards,

Jack

No one seems to know why but all VSC/TC functions are automatically disabled with a CEL.

It's in your owners manual.

:cheers:

OK, I just changed the AF sensor, Sensor 1 Bank 1 using a slotted deepwell socket I found at Harbor Freight for $4.99, works perfectly! Bought the Denso sensor from RockAuto for $159 plus shipping. Reset the DTC codes by removing the EFI fuse and all lights (CEL, VSC, TRACOFF) are now all off after start.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Jack

Regards,

Jack

I recently bought my RX300 and within 2 days these lights came on as well. I had a friend put it on his computer at his shop and it sent him directly to some vacuum hose at the air filter housing. He put it on and the lights went off. Hope your's is as easy a fix.

Glad to find you guys. I've had the same light issue & had my Sensor replaced. Weeks later, I had the lights come back. I'm concerned about a few things: 1) I'm suspicious that maybe I have a short that may have distroyed my sensor so fast; 2) I may have other issues that may have triggered this 3 light display. So, I have 2 ?'s: 1) Anyone know of any common causes that short-out these sensors; 2) anyone know what else triggers these lights to come on? A mechanic told me starting the car w/ the gas cap off triggers it. Thanks for all of your help!

Glad to find you guys. I've had the same light issue & had my Sensor replaced. Weeks later, I had the lights come back. I'm concerned about a few things: 1) I'm suspicious that maybe I have a short that may have distroyed my sensor so fast; 2) I may have other issues that may have triggered this 3 light display. So, I have 2 ?'s: 1) Anyone know of any common causes that short-out these sensors; 2) anyone know what else triggers these lights to come on? A mechanic told me starting the car w/ the gas cap off triggers it. Thanks for all of your help!

"destroyed sensor.."

No, more likely a loose connection/connector.

For emissions reasons the fuel tank/system is kept under a slight vacuum. It is expected that the vacuum will be lost when refueling (loss of vacuum along with a rise in fuel level in the tank) but a loss of vacuum otherwise is considered a problem.

l.s.,

My dealer told me that some sensors are "two trip sensors" the failue has to occure twice (after cooling down and heating up the engine) and the engine rpm has to be more than 3000 rpm for a wile.... so pulling the fuse wil not always work.. for a wile but not always...

grtx Willem