Bridgestone El42 Tires

I took delivery of an LS460 in June (May build). When I purchased the car I added oem chrome wheels, which were installed the day of delivery. The next morning, I checked the tire pressure on all 4, with my tire gauge--all 4 were at 33psi, per mfg specs (18" wheels). Looks like everything is fine, but I do make it a habit to manually check my tires every month (always in the morning, after the car has sat overnight, so as to get a good cold tire pressure). When the car was a month old, I checked and all tires were low. I added air to all 4 and decided they must not have seated the new tires well--or something. But, in the past month, I have checked the tires each Sunday morning--and the cold tire pressure (using the same air gauge)has decreased each week, & in every tire. After the last check, I aired all 4 up again! The loss was 2.5 lbs in 3 tires and 3 lbs in tire four. The spare's pressure has remained constant. I am in Dallas, TX, and it is hot here this time of the year. That being said, usually at the first cold snap each year I would loose tire pressure in my prior Lexus models with the tire monitors--I knew, because of the monitor. After 3 months of continued air loss, I took my car to my dealer--they remounted all 4 tires and aired them up to 36 psi. I just checked the tires and all 4 are loosing air as before (approx 1/2 lb per week). I plan to give this a couple more weeks to make sure the air loss continues--But who should I contact "Bridgestone or my Lexus dealer"?

I took delivery of an LS460 in June (May build). When I purchased the car I added oem chrome wheels, which were installed the day of delivery. The next morning, I checked the tire pressure on all 4, with my tire gauge--all 4 were at 33psi, per mfg specs (18" wheels). Looks like everything is fine, but I do make it a habit to manually check my tires every month (always in the morning, after the car has sat overnight, so as to get a good cold tire pressure). When the car was a month old, I checked and all tires were low. I added air to all 4 and decided they must not have seated the new tires well--or something. But, in the past month, I have checked the tires each Sunday morning--and the cold tire pressure (using the same air gauge)has decreased each week, & in every tire. After the last check, I aired all 4 up again! The loss was 2.5 lbs in 3 tires and 3 lbs in tire four. The spare's pressure has remained constant. I am in Dallas, TX, and it is hot here this time of the year. That being said, usually at the first cold snap each year I would loose tire pressure in my prior Lexus models with the tire monitors--I knew, because of the monitor. After 3 months of continued air loss, I took my car to my dealer--they remounted all 4 tires and aired them up to 36 psi. I just checked the tires and all 4 are loosing air as before (approx 1/2 lb per week). I plan to give this a couple more weeks to make sure the air loss continues--But who should I contact "Bridgestone or my Lexus dealer"?

I have the same LS460 car with same tires and chrome rims in Dallas. I have the same problem although I have only added air twice in 500 miles. I bought my car from Park Place.

I also have the Bridgestone tires and had my dealer replace the wheels with the chromed oem wheels about two weeks after taking ownership of the LS460 in December 2006 . I check my tires religiously every month and have found no problem with air leakage in any tire. I have found that the internal pressure sensor is quite accurate (it agrees with my digital gauge within one pound).

Might you schedule an appointment with the Bridgestone rep at your dealership and have them go over the problem. Good luck.

Plamma

I also purchased mine at Park Place, Plano took delivery June 14, 2007. I see you also have Bridgestone EL 42's, have you been to dealership service dept about the air loss?

Sorry about my last message I was on my way out of town and in too much of a hurry. Actually I have just over 5000 miles on the car. I have not done anything myself but when I took it in for the 5000 mile check last week I saw that they aired up all the tires. I'll watch it more closely now.

I also purchased mine at Park Place, Plano took delivery June 14, 2007. I see you also have Bridgestone EL 42's, have you been to dealership service dept about the air loss?

Sorry about my last message I was on my way out of town and in too much of a hurry. Actually I have just over 5000 miles on the car. I have not done anything myself but when I took it in for the 5000 mile check last week I saw that they aired up all the tires. I'll watch it more closely now.

Who's your service advisor (name) and was the low tire condition noted on the repair order. I am beginning to think it is the wheels at fault. I know that the dealership's chromed wheels are factory wheels which they send to an outside vendor to be chromed - I'm thinking there may be some fault in the chroming process, because Today, I learned of another customer with the same air loss as us--and he has Dunlop Tires. I may wait until my 5,000 mile service to approach Park Place again. Next week I am going to see a Bridgestone tire dealer (a friend of a friend, who is supposed to be honest).

• 4 months later...

:(

Who's your service advisor (name) and was the low tire condition noted on the repair order. I am beginning to think it is the wheels at fault. I know that the dealership's chromed wheels are factory wheels which they send to an outside vendor to be chromed - I'm thinking there may be some fault in the chroming process, because Today, I learned of another customer with the same air loss as us--and he has Dunlop Tires. I may wait until my 5,000 mile service to approach Park Place again. Next week I am going to see a Bridgestone tire dealer (a friend of a friend, who is supposed to be honest).

I have the same issue to more air to all tires including the spare every couple months. Dealer verified and did not find anything wrong so they did nothing... Now, tires are now worn out on the edges.. I have to replace al 4 of them...