Any Reliable Independent Mechanic In San Diego (expiring Extended Warr

trips1

So the extended warranty on my 2001 lexus RX300 expires soon and that gives a little shiver to me especially after reading about the trans failure, O2 Sensors, etc etc.

There are 87000 miles on my car and i am wondering about the following options. I would appreciate any kind of advice on it.

1- Look fo an independent mechanic and ask him to thoroughly check my RX300. I would let him know that i am there only for checkup and would not get any repairs done from him. I believe this way the mechanic won't bloat the repairs needed, if any.

ANY recommendations on mechanics for lexus RX300 in San Diego??

And how much should i expect to pay for a full car checkup?

2- Get a 90K mile service done now even though the miles on it are only 87000.

Again got to Lexus dealer for this. Am quoted around 2000$ which included timing belt and water pump change. Around 1000$ without timing belt and water pump.

Or go to Toyota dealer for this. Am quoted approx 400$ without timing belt and water pump.

3- I was thinking of getting the 90K mile service done now without timing belt and then go for a timing belt and water pump change around 100K/110K miles on it. Since the engine is non interference i hope this would be safe.

Anyways my my concern is that the extended warranty gets over soon and i want to be sure that if anything is wrong and covered by warranty is fixed before that.

Thanks.

Trips.