Exhaust Valve

ssdoeg2

Anyone out there ever work on their exhaust valve/height control valve components? I'm having intermittent problems with my air suspension and have narrowed it down to the compressor/exhaust valve/height valve components. I don't believe any of the sensors are bad and the shocks are good. Just looking for some advice on how to get to those components (thru fender well or from engine bay?) and cleaning those sticky valves. I've looked at all the posts over the last few days and have not found any that deal with working on those components. Thanks to all for any help!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to report my trouble shooting on my recent suspension problems. First off this report assumes you have good shocks. I removed the right fender well cover( many screws but easy) to gain access to the front height control valve, compressor and dryer exhaust valve. Removed height control valve (2 screws and removal of air lines) to verify it wasn't clogged and also verified that valve solenoids worked by hooking up solenoid wires to battery( you should here a clicking sound from solenoid when voltage is applied). Checked compressor operation by removing hose from the compressor and starting up car(checked out ok), then hooked up hose and checked for air output from it to verify hose wasn't clogged(checked out ok). Hooked up hose to dryer/exhaust valve and did not get any air out of it and heard air leaking from exhaust valve area. I verified exhaust valve solenoid was good (same procedure as height control valve solenoids) and determined that the exhaust valve itself was sticking. Unfortunately the dryer/exhaust valve is a sealed plastic container which does not look like it can be worked on. I went down to lexus Maui to try and get a replacement and was quoted $1200.00.

I decided to wait and order the dryer/exhaust valve thru a mechanic friend in L.A. who's on vacation right now. Went home and banged the dryer/exhaust valve on the ground a few times and hooked it up and it started working. Unfortunately it was out of its bracket and i had to disassemble it and put it back in the bracket and when I started car up again the exhuast valve was sticking again. I tapped it with a hammer, it started working again and the suspension is back up.

I turned off the suspension(switch in trunk), put back fender well cover and have been using car since. Will replace dryer/exhaust valve shortly.

One thing in retrospect, if you unhook solenoid wires an error code is given and you'll need to reset it by unhooking negative cable from battery otherwise the compressor won't operate when you start up vehicle. Hope this helps someone out there and again thanks to all for your help previously.

Thanks for the reply SK. When you say to soak it in pb are you talking about the whole dryer/valve or just soak the exhaust valve area (2 holes on left bottom) or soak the solenoid. Thanks again.