Charging Problem

vltjr

Sorry I haven't posted since I decided to order a rebuilt Denso from an Ebay rebuilder (not surprisingly located in Southern Cal.). I ordered it on Tuesday and it arrived yesterday. I installed it today and so far, so good. It cost me $110 total, and the seller assures that he will warrant it for 12 months. I too was a bit leary of placing an order from a shop so distant from me, but after comparing prices both for an already rebuilt one, or having mine rebuilt, I decided to take the chance. I'll post further regarding my experience (positive or negative) after putting some mileage on it and retesting.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Also, most of those guys will give you $30 back if you send in your old alternator. Even if it's not specified in the specific auction you bought, see if the same shop advertises the $30 core refund in other auctions. I think they just forgot to put that in on one of their auctions.

I got mine from Eagle and it seems to be doing just fine so far.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

hey, ive searched all over and cant find a rebuild kit for these.... i was wondering if anyone knows where i can get an alternator rebuild kit to do it myself. im a broke mechanic that cant afford much more on this money pit i got myself into.... any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

Look at Park Place Lexus in Plano TEXAS, they might have the parts. I rebuilt mine (RX300 alternator) with new brushes and bearings for around $50....