Changing Sparkplugs On A Sc 300

wlfgnggtr

Did a search and couldn't find what I was looking for... So... I recently purchased a 92 SC 300. Upon inspection, I noticed a few spark plug wires had lost a few pieces of insulation. So I had the parts guy at work order a new set for me... Needless to say after looking at the new wires I had the wrong ones :censored: But I thought I would go ahead and change the plugs at least. I started on the first plug, and found that it felt like it was really tight, and didn't seem to be loosening up at all, so I quit trying to remove the plug and called it a day...

So has anyone had any problems removing the plugs, and any possible remedies??? Does the engine need to be warm or cold before removing the plugs? I had thought that with an aluminum head it should be cold?

Thanks in advance with any assistance.

Did a search and couldn't find what I was looking for... So... I recently purchased a 92 SC 300. Upon inspection, I noticed a few spark plug wires had lost a few pieces of insulation. So I had the parts guy at work order a new set for me... Needless to say after looking at the new wires I had the wrong ones :censored: But I thought I would go ahead and change the plugs at least. I started on the first plug, and found that it felt like it was really tight, and didn't seem to be loosening up at all, so I quit trying to remove the plug and called it a day...

So has anyone had any problems removing the plugs, and any possible remedies??? Does the engine need to be warm or cold before removing the plugs? I had thought that with an aluminum head it should be cold?

Thanks in advance with any assistance.

I had that problem a few years ago.

Best to do while cold. Spray Some WD40 down the spark plug area and let it sit for 15 mins or so. Then slowly work on breaking the seal on the spark plug. You may have to go with a back and fourth motion when loosing the spark plug. You may have some carbon deposits built up on the end of the spark plug thats making it difficult to pull out. I would put some anti siege compound on the new spark plugs before installing.