Thinking Of Buying A Used Lexus

planemech

Hi,

New to the forum. I joined the forum because I was thinking of buying a used Lexus. I know nothing about Lexus except they are great looking cars and consumer reports loves them. I wanted input from you guys about what you think on a used Lexus. About how much life can I get out of them? Are they expensive to fix? Are the parts expensive? Any input would be great.

Thank you,

Planemech

Hi,

New to the forum. I joined the forum because I was thinking of buying a used Lexus. I know nothing about Lexus except they are great looking cars and consumer reports loves them. I wanted input from you guys about what you think on a used Lexus. About how much life can I get out of them? Are they expensive to fix? Are the parts expensive? Any input would be great.

Thank you,

Planemech

A couple of months ago, I was in your same situation. I did not even know what the letters meant. First, I also read about their reliability, lack of owner complaints and reviews about many years of ownership and very high mileage. Then I discovered that their used prices were much higher than the Cadillacs and Jaguars that I have been owning. This was the hardest part of my decision. I visited several dealers, both used and new and test drove cars of each model (except for the RX) I ruled out the nice looking and lower priced ES model as I don't like front wheel drive cars. Then I ruled out the IS and GS models because I did not like the hard ride. I also decided that I wanted to stay with V8 cars. As we were looking to replace a Jaguar XJ8, we focused on the LS430 and bought a 2001 model with navigation. I expect these cars to be just as expensive to fix as the Cadillacs and Jaguars, so we purchased a 4 yr 60K full coverage warranty. As the car has new tires and brakes, we should be able to go until 2011 and up to 120K miles worry free of expensive repair costs. On the maintenance cost subject, it was nice to learn that my first oil change at EZ Lube was less costly than the Jaguar was. Takes less oil. By the way, the dealer quoted me $117. for an oil change but they would give me a free IS350 to drive.

• 1 month later...

Wife has owned two Lexus SC 400 Coupes and absolutely loved them both. This is our first GX 470 and we are equally satisfied. Lexus has a philosophy of service and customer care second to none in the Automolile industry!

The quality of all Lexus products we have driven has been excellent. The resale and trade in value far exceeded expections.

Pre owned models usually have received superior care and can offer a great value in owning an outstanding automobile.

I don't think you will be disappointed in any Lexus model you choose!