2000 Lx470 Power Lock Issues

visionary333

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and this is my first official post here. I have a 2000 LX470 which is still running great. Recently, the interior door locking switch stopped working on both sides. My wife took it to the Lexus dealer and they initially said that it would cost 700 dollars to fix it. When they called back today, they said that it would cost 1300 dollars. I was like :censored: ???

Anyway, I was wondering if I am being fleeced blind because my wife took the car in. They told her that a block (can't remember the name now) would have to be replaced. They guy made it sound like he was doing us a favor to fix it for that amount. One more thing, the tech wants to charge me 150 dollars for just looking at it. I thought that diagnostic tests would determine the problem but the guy said that they had to take the door panel off. It is an electrical issue, so why wouldn't diagnostics be able to tell that a part wasn't responding?

I'm just a little miffed by the whole deal.

Thanks in advance,

Vis