Pwr Setting

Hey guys, i have a Lexus '07 IS250 RWD and i love it. No problems yet, but i was just wondering what does the PWR mode exactly do in the engine? I've tried it out before and when going up a hill it does seem like the car has an easier time getting to the top, but im not sure that exactly is going on with the engine. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hey guys, i have a Lexus '07 IS250 RWD and i love it. No problems yet, but i was just wondering what does the PWR mode exactly do in the engine? I've tried it out before and when going up a hill it does seem like the car has an easier time getting to the top, but im not sure that exactly is going on with the engine. Any help is greatly appreciated.

It modifies the transmission shift points, holding each gear longer.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently purchased a 2006 IS350. Does it do any harm to the transmission or other components to use this mode all the time? I realize it probably reduces the fuel economy. But, does it harm the transmission?

I recently purchased a 2006 IS350. Does it do any harm to the transmission or other components to use this mode all the time? I realize it probably reduces the fuel economy. But, does it harm the transmission?

I got a hold of a TSB (TC010-06) that lists the transmission model numbers for various Lexus models. The model number for the AWD IS250 is the same as the AWD GS350. This suggests to me that the transmission in the AWD IS250 can probably handle much more power than the engine can deliver.

I think the 2WD IS250 has the same model transmission as the 2WD GS300 - so that IS probably has a beefy transmission compared to the engine as well.

If it hurt the tranny, they wouldn't have made the button so you can put it in PWR and leave it there. They would have made it like the SNOW feature, which resets each time you turn the car on.