Sunroof Opens Slow Or Won't Open At All

ezekielj007

Lately I've been noticing the my sunroof/moonroof opens more slowly than normal. It's also a little louder. This morning when I got in the car I tried to open it and it could here it trying to open but it wouldn't. after a couple tries it finally opened but stull moving slowly. has anyone ever had this issue. What are possible solutions?

Lately I've been noticing the my sunroof/moonroof opens more slowly than normal. It's also a little louder. This morning when I got in the car I tried to open it and it could here it trying to open but it wouldn't. after a couple tries it finally opened but stull moving slowly. has anyone ever had this issue. What are possible solutions?

Open the sunroof and clean all the mating surfaces (rails, etc) on the top and bottom areas with a damp cloth. Use another clean, dry cloth to then wipe down the same surfaces so they are all dry.

Mercedes has an excellent sunroof grease, although I''m sure there are others also, you should then apply sparingly over the cleaned surfaces. You'll be surprised at the "crud" you can find whith the roof open.

Cycle the sliding roof two or three times to spread the grease, and you are done. Be sure to use it sparingly so as not to have some wind up on your interior upholstery.