Gs450h Power Output

I have a GS450h and have noticed that under full acceleration that the power guage on the dashboad only shows 200Kv until around 60mph, when it climbs to around 220 and then when you reach around 90mph you can hear the revs rise and the power guage moves around to 250kv. This seems odd as clearly the motor is not giving out full power until you reach a speed where its not all that useful. The dealer says it is normal, but I wondered if any other owners could confirm that theirs works the same as mine ?

Mark

I have a GS450h and have noticed that under full acceleration that the power guage on the dashboad only shows 200Kv until around 60mph, when it climbs to around 220 and then when you reach around 90mph you can hear the revs rise and the power guage moves around to 250kv. This seems odd as clearly the motor is not giving out full power until you reach a speed where its not all that useful. The dealer says it is normal, but I wondered if any other owners could confirm that theirs works the same as mine ?

Mark

The central, CORE, idea for hybrid vehicles is to provide STELLAR FE vs non-hybrids. If the designers provided what you ask, seem to be asking, it would not only bring FE down to unseemly EPA level estimates, it might also prove to be too high an attraction for boy-racer mentality types, and then the insurance cost for the specific vehicle would likely SKYROCKET.

Additionally it might actually be the VDIM system that has "learned" to limit the torque levels at the speeds you mention. All it would take would be, might be, a few wheelspin/slips here and there, maybe not even noticeable at the time by the driver.

"not giving out full power until you reach a speed where it's not all that usefull."

Not all that useful....

And then just HOW did you reach that speed...?

Sounds as if you are complaining about not being able to do "burn-outs" as in driving a dragster....