Rear Suspension Control Arm Removal

lexus082

I am attempting to replace the right rear hub assy. that houses the wheel bearing. The only thing preventing me from doing it is that I can not seem to be able to remove the ball joint on the lower rear control arm thats closest to the rear of the car. I was able to get the upper and one of the lower ball joints off, but not the other lower rear ball joint. Its *BLEEP*ing me off. I've tried using the pickle fork with no luck and there's not enough room for a pitman arm remover. I tried to hit the outside of the knuckle with a hammer hoping the ball joint would seperate but no luck so far and this is my third attempt to replace the wheel bearing/hub assy for a used one I bought months ago. Any advice?

I had a little trouble getting that to fit around the ball joint to remove. I have used those on the front suspension with no problems. I was able to get it loose today with a bigger hammer (4lb). I was so relieved. But while I was in the process of removing the speed sensor it didn't come out in one piece so I have to get a new speed sensor. Hopefully, I will be able to drive the car without that right rear abs wheel sensor. Sucks it broke I guess after 12 or 13 years it gets seized in there. Thanks for all your help. Speed sensors dont seem to be too extremely high on this car thank god. Any other time I break something its a two hundred dollar part.

Update: I drove my car and the wheel bearing I installed is great. I put up with driving the car with a bad wheel bearing for six months. The only reason why it took me so long is b/c I found it very difficult to remove one the the lower control arm ball joints. My only issue now is that the speed sensor was damaged while removing it. I found two used speed sensors on ebay for $18 shipped. So I guess I'll just have to drive the car with the traction lights on and the abs light on until I receive the sensors I bought. Originally I was quoted $500 parts and labor to replace each rear wheel bearing including an alignment. Can't wait to replace the rear bearings with new bearings and then a new rear suspension also.