95 Lexus Ls 400 Radio

Patkr

We can't figure out which component is bad. There is no sound except very intermittent when I first turn the car on for about 5 seconds. Then there's a little pop and the music is gone. All the settings are still visible on the radio with the station number and cd when I put it on cd. Does it sound like the amplifer is bad or the radio. How can we figure it out for ourselves. Thanks

My 96 ls has the same problem. I took the car to a Sound Factory (auto audio shop) and they told me that it was a amp problem and very hard to repair.

We can't figure out which component is bad. There is no sound except very intermittent when I first turn the car on for about 5 seconds. Then there's a little pop and the music is gone. All the settings are still visible on the radio with the station number and cd when I put it on cd. Does it sound like the amplifer is bad or the radio. How can we figure it out for ourselves. Thanks

The amp is under the passenger seat and should be very easy to replace it.

I haven't fixed mine yet.

So did you fix yours? We've been looking for a new amp just in case but we're not sure how easy it will be to replace it.