Hood Vibration In 2001 Ls430

Ccurtin

I notice at 60MPH+ the front hood bounces up and down a little. It seems to be closed correctly. is there an adjustment or is there a part worn out? car has only 40k miles on it.

FYI, I just bought new struts for the trunk on ebay and they work great. Easy to install too.

I notice at 60MPH+ the front hood bounces up and down a little. It seems to be closed correctly. is there an adjustment or is there a part worn out? car has only 40k miles on it.

FYI, I just bought new struts for the trunk on ebay and they work great. Easy to install too.

Did you get the Fig Engineering struts? My 01 trunk is a bear to lift and it comes down really hard & fast. I'll take a look at my hood tomorrow on the hwy.

Did you get the Fig Engineering struts? My 01 trunk is a bear to lift and it comes down really hard & fast. I'll take a look at my hood tomorrow on the hwy.

I got the FIG trunk struts on ebay-installed easy and now the trunk goes up and down a lot better. thanks for checking on front hood vibration for me.

C, no vibration at 60-65. At 70-75 I get some wind flexing where I can see the sheet metal being depressed by the pressure but no rattles. The hood is very solid when I try to push it down in the front & sides and with it raised there is no side to side movement. Did you take a look at your weather stripping/seals?

With your new trunk struts, if you pull the lid about halfway down & let go does it slam or come down slowly? Thanks!

C, no vibration at 60-65. At 70-75 I get some wind flexing where I can see the sheet metal being depressed by the pressure but no rattles. The hood is very solid when I try to push it down in the front & sides and with it raised there is no side to side movement. Did you take a look at your weather stripping/seals?

With your new trunk struts, if you pull the lid about halfway down & let go does it slam or come down slowly? Thanks!

Trunk comes down slowly with the fig.

All the seals look in great shape under the hood. Hood will flex slightly on corners when closed. I see a slight vibration on the front hood at 65+ mph. weird.