98 Es Master Key And Fob?

tcisine

Perhaps someone can help me. I tried searching past threads and have become more confused than I already was.

I just purchased a 98 ES 300 and it came with 2 keys but no key fobs for the keyless entry/security/trunk. I was going to purchase a fob and program it from eBay, but they say you have to have the master key. What is this master? I have 2 black keys with the Lexus logo in gold on the key. Are these a Master? I was told the fobs were with the car when it was traded in, but the dealer reprogrammed them to another car and will not give me any replacement. :(

Can someone explain it to the newbie? Thanks!

Ted

insert your key into the ignition, but don't turn it and when the "security light" (on the dashboard) stops blinking immediately, that is your master key. Don't get your master key confused with your valet key.

Do the master and valet look the same? I will try looking at the security light next time I see the car. (my wife drives it)

Thanks!