Programming 2005 Rx 330 Keys?

Mike Bearden

I have an 05 RX 330 with only one key...bought two replacement remote keys on line and had a local locksmith cut them.

They will open the doors and turn over but not start the motor. The programming instructions (Mid West Keyless) do not seem to work.

I see references to instructions being on the Tutorial Section but can't find them. Any answers out there?

Thanks for your help.

I have an 05 RX 330 with only one key...bought two replacement remote keys on line and had a local locksmith cut them.

They will open the doors and turn over but not start the motor. The programming instructions (Mid West Keyless) do not seem to work.

I see references to instructions being on the Tutorial Section but can't find them. Any answers out there?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Mike.

I bought a replacement key online for a 2005 RX 330 and had it cut as well. It opens the doors and turns the ignition but will not start the car. I am waiting for the company I bought the key from to e-mail me instructions on programming the chip in the key. You need to program the chip in order for the car to turn over. This is different than programming the remote function. I would suggest calling the company you bought the key from and asking for the instructions. If you don't get them, write me back and I will share mine with you.

I bought some keys online from East Coast locksmith for my 2003 RX300. 740-546-4700. I just checked their website and they say you have to go to the dealership for your model car.

Key Programming

You can not program this key yourself. You will need to take your car and key to either the dealer or to a

local locksmith that has the Lexus programming software.

Copyright © 2006 EAST COAST LOCKSMITH, LLC. All rights reserved.