Hi Guys

Hi everyone. I just registered over here. I usually post over at Newcelica.org because I currently have an 03 Celica GTS. I am anxiously awaiting the day that I can pick up a 2007 IS250. I either want a glacier frost or white one. The local dealer has a beautiful glacier frost one that I'm going to look into more when I can either sell my Celica or negotiate a better trade-in price.

I've been dealing with Arrowhead Lexus in Arizona and my sales person was the best I have ever dealt with. He came back to me and said that he honestly thinks I should sell my car on my own to get more money for it. That I thought was really awesome that he was upfront and honest.

I look forward to posting with all of you!

Hi everyone. I just registered over here. I usually post over at Newcelica.org because I currently have an 03 Celica GTS. I am anxiously awaiting the day that I can pick up a 2007 IS250. I either want a glacier frost or white one. The local dealer has a beautiful glacier frost one that I'm going to look into more when I can either sell my Celica or negotiate a better trade-in price.

I've been dealing with Arrowhead Lexus in Arizona and my sales person was the best I have ever dealt with. He came back to me and said that he honestly thinks I should sell my car on my own to get more money for it. That I thought was really awesome that he was upfront and honest.

ALWAYS sell your car outright and NEVER trade in...unless you have all the money and at that point you dont care. As far as colors go, go with the white. the glacier frost is nice, but when dust settles it looks really dirty.

White is definetly easy to find out here in AZ because people always want lighter colors and darker cars show major dust! I think I am going to definetly hold out and sell mine outright and get more for it. There's no point of giving it away right?

White is definetly easy to find out here in AZ because people always want lighter colors and darker cars show major dust! I think I am going to definetly hold out and sell mine outright and get more for it. There's no point of giving it away right?

I wouldn't trade it in. Try craigslist, cars.com, autotrader, and maybe even eBay.

I've had pretty good luck selling instead of trading in. My wife and I have been through two new car purchases/old car sales in the last 4 years. In both cases, we called around for trade-in values, and we found there was about 3,000-4,000 between the trade-in value and the retail value. In both cases, I sold the car for about $1500 more than I would get for trade-in. Our '97 Outback sold in 3 days via free online advertising. The '01 Malibu took about a month, and I spent $100 advertising in the local paper and in AutoTrader.

I've had pretty good luck selling instead of trading in. My wife and I have been through two new car purchases/old car sales in the last 4 years. In both cases, we called around for trade-in values, and we found there was about 3,000-4,000 between the trade-in value and the retail value. In both cases, I sold the car for about $1500 more than I would get for trade-in. Our '97 Outback sold in 3 days via free online advertising. The '01 Malibu took about a month, and I spent $100 advertising in the local paper and in AutoTrader.

Your best bet is if you can find a buyer who will buy it from you, but thru the dealer. Many dealers will let you come in with your 3rd party buyer, trade in at your 3rd party's purchase price, taking the $$ off your purchase and saving you sales tax, and then selling it directly to that buyer for the same price.

I have the car up on Autotrader right now and on craigslist. When I get it washed and semi-detailed I'm going to put a for-sale sign on it.

The problem I am having is my car is a girly light blue color and is stick shift. A lot of males I have come across don't want that colors and most females can't drive stick so it's sort of a double whammy. I am going to stick it out though and try to get the most for my car as I am in no need for a car, I just want one...BAD!!