Sirius Radio With Mark Levinson

winthrop18

Greetings,

We just purchased Smokey Granite Mica SC, and have not gotten a straight answer regarding the availability of Sirius Satelite Radio. Ideally I would like it to operate through the Mark Levinson radio system. Not having the car in front of me, I don't know if there is a SAT mode or AUX modes.

Has anyone gone through this experience, and if so could you perhaps offer suggestions/solutions, education on this topic?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

A "Search" of this forum did not turn up any information on the subject.

Thanks,

Keith

Thanks for the quick response. Kind of what I figured. I found a company called VAIS Technology which has a product called SoundLinQ that looks like it might work. The trick will be to find someone in CT who can install it. We're not like So Cal where there is a decent audio shop on every corner.

• 2 weeks later...
Greetings,

We just purchased Smokey Granite Mica SC, and have not gotten a straight answer regarding the availability of Sirius Satelite Radio. Ideally I would like it to operate through the Mark Levinson radio system. Not having the car in front of me, I don't know if there is a SAT mode or AUX modes.

Has anyone gone through this experience, and if so could you perhaps offer suggestions/solutions, education on this topic?

Thanks,

Keith

This is what your looking for

Look up on ebay integration solutions Hint search for lexus sc 430 sirius radio. Vias radio complete kit works through oem radio is plug and play . I bought cost was 300.00 I installed it my self Was really very easy. I did a lot of research and am very happy with end result. To operate just press the am button twice and you get sat 1 then press again sat 2 press again sat 3 The sat 1 2 3 are six presets you can set 18 different siruis chanels It plays right through your oem radio You also can control It right from the steering wheel as you can choose cd am tape fm change volume change channels it works just like the factory. What you get once the install is done is When you press the am button twice it will read sat 1 press again sat 2 press again sat 3 press again fm press again fm 2 press again cd etc etc . If you need more details on install I will be glad to walk you through it. It was actually fun to do and I saved a bunch of money

Thanks for the response. I found the same info, and have bought the VAIS SLS2 unit, along with an Eclipse SIR-ECL1 Sirius Sat. Radio. Now I just need to get up the nerve to take the car apart! Just curious, what antenna did you end up buying, and where did you mount it? I'm thinking windshield.

Thanks for the response. I found the same info, and have bought the VAIS SLS2 unit, along with an Eclipse SIR-ECL1 Sirius Sat. Radio. Now I just need to get up the nerve to take the car apart! Just curious, what antenna did you end up buying, and where did you mount it? I'm thinking windshield.

Vias kit came with the vcais interface and a sirius connect tuner with a small antenna with 10 foot cabel . I mounted the antenna next to the passenegers windshield pillar. I ran the wire and pressed it into the crevice between the pillar and the dash. I then ran wire down underglove box [ removed lower garnish panel very easy just clips out ] then tucked wire under lip of center console and fed it into where i had velcro both small control boxs in the hollow area of the center console , I get good reception but if i go under a lot of shaded trees i do occasional loose the signal some times . I paid 300.00 frrm integration solutions ebay vendor. The new vias unit firm ware 4.38 fixed a lot of bugs people were experiencing, I have been enjoying ine for 3 weeks with no issues . The kit form integration solutions gives you evrything you need to install . The oem harness they make that allows you just plug and play and makes install easy.

Buddy 2005 sc430

• 1 year later...
Greetings,

Thanks,

Keith

This is what your looking for

Look up on ebay integration solutions Hint search for lexus sc 430 sirius radio. Vias radio complete kit works through oem radio is plug and play . I bought cost was 300.00 I installed it my self Was really very easy. I did a lot of research and am very happy with end result. To operate just press the am button twice and you get sat 1 then press again sat 2 press again sat 3 The sat 1 2 3 are six presets you can set 18 different siruis chanels It plays right through your oem radio You also can control It right from the steering wheel as you can choose cd am tape fm change volume change channels it works just like the factory. What you get once the install is done is When you press the am button twice it will read sat 1 press again sat 2 press again sat 3 press again fm press again fm 2 press again cd etc etc . If you need more details on install I will be glad to walk you through it. It was actually fun to do and I saved a bunch of money

Hello

I installed Vias Kit and it seems to work perfectly, my issue is with the signal dropping.

The dealer installed the antenna on the drivers corner of the dash inside the car.

Where is your antenna placed?

• 1 year later...

Hey guys i just bought a 2003 lexus SC430 and was wondering about this sirius. I currently have a sirius radio unit that i move from car to car (its the Sportster 5 ) However I saw with the SL2s it looks like it needs something SC-C1.

So I take it with the VAIS SL2S I can't use my sportster radio in the SC430 ?