Brake Pedal

camlex

Hello,

We just replaced our 2001 jetta with '02 camry V6(3.0L). In my lexus the brake pedal works great. For example, if i start to push the brake pedal at a high speed, i have to push it half way and then it will start to push down with less of my effort. in other words you can feel that you're pushing the brakes. But with the 2002 camry's brake pedal, the pedal feels soft. You have to push harder and it also goes further into the floor. Should I look further into the brake pedal for the Camry?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

We just replaced our 2001 jetta with '02 camry V6(3.0L). In my lexus the brake pedal works great. For example, if i start to push the brake pedal at a high speed, i have to push it half way and then it will start to push down with less of my effort. in other words you can feel that you're pushing the brakes. But with the 2002 camry's brake pedal, the pedal feels soft. You have to push harder and it also goes further into the floor. Should I look further into the brake pedal for the Camry?

Thanks in advance.

Does your '02 Camry have BA, Brake Assist, as likely does your (earlier MY{??}) Lexus?

Unless you "trigger" the BA system the brake pedal will typically have "more" resistance.

Hello,

I decided to replace brake pads(front and rear). I am going with wagner brand. i am using this brand in my Lexus and it's better stopping then Toyota brand. but i learned, there is two types of rear pads. US vs japan. japan made have big rear pads vs US made has small. WHY?

can i replace caliper?

Thanks in advance.