Brake Light Troubles

I'm nearly at my wit's end. The car is a '98 GS300. The only brake light that works is the back dash light. So that rules out the brake light switch. I've checked bulbs, every fuse in the car, and the trunk hinge wiring harness that gives so much trouble on the LS.

None of the other brake lights work. The orange indicator on the instrument panel stays lit.

Everything was fine until a bulb blew out. Simultaneously, the fuse that controls the transmission lock and brake lights blew. I replaced the fuse and the trans lock works fine, but no brake lights.

Any assistance, ideas, or condolences greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I'm nearly at my wit's end. The car is a '98 GS300. The only brake light that works is the back dash light. So that rules out the brake light switch. I've checked bulbs, every fuse in the car, and the trunk hinge wiring harness that gives so much trouble on the LS.

None of the other brake lights work. The orange indicator on the instrument panel stays lit.

Everything was fine until a bulb blew out. Simultaneously, the fuse that controls the transmission lock and brake lights blew. I replaced the fuse and the trans lock works fine, but no brake lights.

Any assistance, ideas, or condolences greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sounds like you have a short, pull out any burnt bulbs (trust me they will be black if not melted) inspect the sockets and see if there is any burns in the sockets themselves. If so you need to replace the socket along with the bulbs. Do you have a wiring diagram?