Es 350 Warranty + Pre-paid Maintenance Package

cindyj

My dealer offered me a bundle package for extended 7 years / 100,000 miles warranty and 4 year / 50,000 miles pre-paid maintenance.

The price is $3995.

The extended warranty is offer by a 3rd party called First Extended Service Corporation. It has a $50 deduction/time. And the dealer said new parts will be used everytime and the warranty has a $2500 value in fact.

The pre-paid maintenance includes all the maintenance listed on the manual (the first time comes free with the car). And they will pick up the car from my home or work and drop it off by the end of the day. If the work can not be finished in the same day, they will drop a Lexus for use when they pick up my car.

Since I am a first Lexux owner, any one knows whether it is a good deal?

Any one had try that bundle before?

Any one has any idea about how much it is going to cost for the maintenance for the 4 years / 50,000 miles if I don't purchase the pre-paid maintenance package?

I would pass personally.

The maintenance isn't that expensive, even from the dealer, and you can buy the genuine Lexus warranty for about $1500 all the way up until your standard warranty runs out.

My dealer offered me a bundle package for extended 7 years / 100,000 miles warranty and 4 year / 50,000 miles pre-paid maintenance.

The price is $3995.

The extended warranty is offer by a 3rd party called First Extended Service Corporation. It has a $50 deduction/time. And the dealer said new parts will be used everytime and the warranty has a $2500 value in fact.

The pre-paid maintenance includes all the maintenance listed on the manual (the first time comes free with the car). And they will pick up the car from my home or work and drop it off by the end of the day. If the work can not be finished in the same day, they will drop a Lexus for use when they pick up my car.

Any one has any idea about how much it is going to cost for the maintenance for the 4 years / 50,000 miles if I don't purchase the pre-paid maintenance package?

Lexus maintenance is not expensive. If you get a warranty get it from the dealership. If this is the only thing the dealer is offering try to negotiate them down to half the price and then take it. I negotiated my extended warranty to half off the price so you should be able to as well.

• 2 weeks later...

The price is $3995.

Any one has any idea about how much it is going to cost for the maintenance for the 4 years / 50,000 miles if I don't purchase the pre-paid maintenance Normal package?

Hello

I picked up my new ES 350 Saturday.

My dealer had offered a maintenence package for up to 40,000 miles as follows

Following the Lexus maintenence schedule per book, 1st 5000 miles service is free, at every 5000 miles after that the oil, filter etc and a 5 tire rotation is donel. (Price for this service is $89.95 normally.)

At 15,000 miles besides the oil,filter and rotation a new a/c filter is replaced. Normal Price $222.80

At 30,000miles " " " " " In addition the brake fluid is replaced and a lot of inspections are done.

Normal Price $366.70

The total of this package is $1041.25 they offer a discount of 15% for a package price of $885.06. I am trying to decide if this package is for me.

If any services go up (and they will) this I would be protected for paying these increases. If I were to buy this package from the dealer they led me to believe that at trade in time my car would be considered a "certified one ". I don't know if that benifits the former owner more with a higher trade in or the it helps the dealer make more money on the resale.

I guess if I am going to the dealer for service anyway I might as well save the 15%.

Given the high quality of a Lexus any extended warranty seems would seem to me to be perhaps a waste of money althouth there will be cases where an owner wished he had one because quality problems can show up.

Tom

I've been having Lexus cars serviced at dealers for almost a decade, the prices haven't changed much and they probably won't. It also varies a lot depending on the dealer.

First red flag, the dealer lied to you. The service package has nothing to do with the car being considered certified. They can be certified whether the service was done at the dealer or not, they just need good records.

If the dealer lies, somethings fishy. I'd let them know you're onto them and have it serviced elsewhere.

My extended warranty has been beneficial. You can however purchase it at the same price all the way up until your original warranty expires, so no need to buy it now. A couple dealers sell them online for VERY cheap compared to dealer retail too.